Friday 18 September 2009

Where I live.

There are many places I'd like to live and some that are just whimsical fancy, like the Sonoran Desert, for example (but that's another whole post!). For now though, and until they cover the surrounding fields with houses, this is a pretty nice place to live.





This beautiful horse has recently moved into the field above with a dozen or so similar animals. They have incredible markings and have clearly come from the continent. Like the impulsive fool that I am, I enquired if this one was for sale and was told that he was and I could have a look at him if I wanted. That was when I discovered that up close this is an older horse, somewhere in his teens and his field mates are considerably older. In true dealer style, though, I've been messed around and it's probably for the best that I forget this gentle giant.


He is lovely though, and I totally fell for him.


There are always little horses to be found in my garden though.



Little winged creatures flitting among the herbs and peeping shyly from between flowers.



And of course the odd moon gazing hare to be found in the Studio.


My kitchen is looking so bright and pretty in it's last salute to Summer and I so love these goblets, brought out for a special Birthday earlier in the week. I'd like to use them in a painting, but I'm not sure yet how.



Well, that's my brief tour of my home and things that have special meaning for me, thank you for dropping by and sharing :)

Oh, before I forget, I'll be posting a couple of books that I've read and would like to pass on, so check back in a day or two and find out which ones they are :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that moongazing hare :-)

Yarrow said...

Thanks Jo, I must make more as they are such fun to work on.

Kim said...

Hi you, just seen your message - I can't believe how long the package took to get to you! I'm really sorry, I knew the mail were on strike in some locations, but that delay is awful. Thanks for being bad! Go ahead and do a feature - I am flattered that you like my stuff!
Kim xx

Yarrow said...

Thank you Kim :) Everything is taking a while in the post, so no worries, and yes, I'm very bad ;)

Pixiedust said...

Hi Yarrow. Thanks for popping by. Had a great birthday thanks, and I'm so glad people weren't mad at me for mentioning the C word lol. I think I'm gonna make a few Tilda creations for pressies this year. Mum would like me to make her a golly, and I think I will make some cushions for me friends beds as they keep hinting at me ;o). How's everything with you? I see you have a new blog, very nice and I love your halloween artwork. Sorry you had some problems with your old blog with pics being stolen, I don't know what happened but I hope everything is ok now.
((((Hugs)))) Pixie

Leanne said...

the hare is gorgeous, they are still my favourites of your pottery pieces!

yes, ive been very very busy, and not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow, theres plenty to fill my days here, and I resent having to work!

leanne x

Yarrow said...

Hi Pixie, thanks for dropping by. Your sewing will be much appreciated by yours friends, I'm sure, you are very talented :)

Sorry you have to go back to work next week Leanne, I do know how you feel :(

Julia Guthrie said...

Gorgeous pictures :)
I love the little winged horse statues & the moongazing hare!! :)