Tuesday 22 September 2009

More ACEO's

Here are the latest additions to my ACEO collection. It's slowly growing and now that my paper has arrived (YAAY) I can think about putting them on EBAY, Folksy and Etsy. Crikey it's nerves wracking and I just seem to be throwing more and more money at it in the hope that it will start to pay! It's so good to read about other bloggers and artists who are making money by doing something they love and maybe then I'd stop feeling so guilty about sitting painting for most of the day. It does feel decadent! Mind you, today I also got stuck into the ironing (at 6.30) and at lunchtime, had a really good hoover around, so the house doesn't look much like a pigsty now! Next it's time for the kitchen to be beaten into submission and I'm cooking a fish pie for tea as we have loads of potatoes to use up (the 5kg I planted at the field).

Right, here they are
Merlin (as a Unicorn)


and Toffee (as himself).



Also, while I remember (my head is so full of paintings!) I mentioned a book clear out. Here is the first one, it was a great read, although not a huge amount happened. What I enjoyed was the peaceful stroll through the lives of these wonderful ladies, from the late forties up to the current time. I would recommend it, although I won't be reading it twice.



The second book is 'Second Nature' by Alice Hoffman. It was fantastic and not at all what I was expecting. I loved it, but again won't read it again as I have too many books and not much space. I'm de-cluttering dahlings, so the first one to shout can have a book :)

15 comments:

Elizabeth Rhiannon said...

Oh my goodness, you're talented. Please, don't fret over making money with it, your talent is wonderful! I also feel guilty about spending my time 'crafting', which is nothing nearly as skilled as what you do! Beautiful! :)

Yarrow said...

Oh, thank you Elizabeth, that's so sweet of you to say :)

x

Anonymous said...

I might have to make a purchase of Merlin as a unicorn :-) I'll keep checking your shop!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Jo, I'll be testing my new paper tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

x

Nan and =^..^= said...

Your new ACEO additions are wonderful!
Oh, and fish pie with potatoes sound great to me! I love potatoes!

Yarrow said...

I love potatoes too, nan, and these were yummy :)

Julia Guthrie said...

Aww fab ACEOs Kim! :) I agree, it's scarey to take a chance on trying to make some cash from a venture, but if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that if you don't try, you'll never know!:)
The other is that as lng as it's something you feel excitement at doing, you'll be ok...you want to project good energy into something just because it's fun & not solely to make money *winks* x

Bovey Belle said...

It's good to see you getting so wound up with your new projects - love the paintings, they will sell like hot-cakes I'm sure.

I, too, have a pile of unread books up to my waist beside the bed!

Yarrow said...

Yes, you're right Julia, I've sold more things that came from the heart than those where I tried to predict the fashion!

Jennie, a bedside book pile is a must :) (phew, that was a mouthful)

x

Danielle Barlow said...

Definately up for a seed swap! I'll set some out to dry over the weekend.

Renee said...

Yarrow the ACEOs are stunning and so where are you selling them Madam?

Beautiful work.

Thank you for the love and prayers.

Love Renee xoxo

Yarrow said...

Thanks for dropping by Danielle, yaay, seed swap :)

Thanks for taking the time to visit Renee, I'll be listing them in Etsy and Ebay over the weekend. x

Renee said...

Kim is it okay if I crawl into your banner and take a nap?

Love Renee xoxo

Yarrow said...

Oh Renee, yes you may, it's a truly magical place and I know you would love it there. x

Karen said...

The Aceos are beautiful Kim!
Wishing you lots of luck for your shops xx
Have fun with it;) x