Wednesday 9 September 2009

What on Earth?

Before you think I've lost the plot totally, let me explain. This is something I've been playing with over the weekend, and I think the gamble has paid off. I've been throwing paing at my paper and then hanging it up to dry so that the colours run into each other. This one will be trees!



An orange wash with a wet black border created some interesting mixes. I then sketched the design onto the dried washes and inked in the details.




This background was very wet into wet.



And this one was livened up with salt.



These pictures will soon be in my Etsy shop and I'll soon be opening a Folksy shop too.
These pictures are my originals and are subject to copyrights.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they're great - they are winners :-)

Tammie Lee said...

Each one of these is full of charm and the upcoming celebration! So wonderful and creative.
Spirithelpers

Yarrow said...

Thank you so much. I'll be taking them out to the Witchy shops of Burley soon, so I hope they agree with you. Fingers crossed.

x

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

A wonderful effect.
And beautiful pieces!!

Nan and =^..^= said...

They turned out great...
Where I live there is going to be a Spooky Art Show in October and I have to come up with something soon!

Yarrow said...

Sounds like fun, nan, and thanks Pamela :)

x

Bovey Belle said...

They're great Yarrow and taking them to the witchy shops at Burley an inspired idea! Keep me posted.

Yarrow said...

Will do, my dear :)