Wednesday 10 March 2010

The real World

The intrusion of the real World is so very vexing! I'm quite snowed under with things to do and not enough hours in the day.

In an effort to declutter and simplify my life, I've actually given myself more work to do!!! But as the saying goes, you can't make omelettes without breaking eggs and so the mundane has been taking over everything else. For a brief moment, last week, there was light at the end of the tunnel, but now I'm back to surveying piles of dross with mounting panic.

How I ever managed to fit in some sewing is beyond me, but I had a commission to fill, and so put on some harp music and stitched Reiki into a little pouch to heal a friend's bad back. The whole experience was very spiritual for me, as I filled the pouch with healing and Universal Energy. It was such a pleasure, that I may well consider selling these in the Etsy shop.

This is the pouch, lightly scented with herbs appropriate to help my friend's back and with Reiki held in every single tiny stitch. I then sat for a while and meditated while focusing on my friend.



I was so pleased with the pouch, I then designed this little book based on a needle book.



It is lined and again filled with Reiki energy, but with no specific issue in mind. You simply write the name of the person or situation that requires healing on a piece of paper, and place it inside the book. The Universe does the rest.



For me now though, it's back to doing my chores. I wish I could magic up a paperwork fairy to help out with my growing stack of papers!

Edited to add: One stack of papers is gone and now the rest can be filed (in the bin, haha!) I feel so much happier now at the prospect of a week filled with artisic endeavours :)

5 comments:

salty pebble said...

the best place to be is in a creative mind- the real world is a toughy some days ;0)
beautiful needle case- what a delight for crafting fingers best wishes xxxx

Julia Kelly said...

isn't it great that if you do a little art- other things seem to come easier!!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Kazzy, it's good to escape from reality, a lot! ;)

You're so right, Julia :)

Bovey Belle said...

I am sure that the sewing helped you too, as I always find it very therapeutic. What a lovely idea the little Reiki pouches are.

Pat said...

Great posts and creative works as well. I love the idea of putting in your special words. I am glad that you have help from your furry family members. After all someone has to watch the fire. BTW you moly paintings are wonderful. I am so sorry it is almost over.