Saturday 17 July 2010

Better.

Thank you so much to everyone for such kind comments on the previous post. I feel truly blessed to have met such wonderful people on line and today I feel a little better. I'm really not one to sit around and wallow, which is why when it hits me, it hits hard!

I have to share this picture with you. I love this little guy so much. Doesn't he look sweet and innocent? Well, let me tell you the following pictures had to be censored and then the camera was thrown quickly aside as Merlin decided that he'd quite like to try chicken for lunch! Poor Mabel flew like an arrow with Merlin on her tail! I leaped between them and somehow managed to grab her mid flight as Merlin ran off laughing, well that's how it seemed to me. Boy is he an indulged pony or what? I really couldn't see any of our neighbours letting their horses get away with such high jinks! Still lesson learned, ponies and chickens don't mix!



Most of the morning was spent pulling the vegetable plot back into shape which is looking slightly less neglected now. We have some strawberries and the beans are making a feeble effort to grow. I think the veg plot gets a little too windy for the beans where I have them and they just seem to have given up! Tonight I have leeks to plant and if I can still stand, then I'll start Merlin on the Parelli program, he needs distracting from chicken chasing, haha!

A piece of good news is that I have another commission for a horse portrait. This is fantastic as I am now officially BUSY! I have quite a few pictures on the go, some for me and some for customers. I also have a little idea brewing in my head, but more on that later :)

Right, I really have to get cracking and finish Bailey's portrait and then another for the Eriskay Society, phewee!!!

4 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Hi hon...so sorry I missed your last post..have been hiding a bit...I understand what you are going through..too much stress! Hoping things are better hon.. Sending energy and a great big hug your way hon!!
Blessings, Sarah

Kadeeae said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better =)

And good news on the portrait commission!

Jasmine said...

That picture is enough to put a smile on any face. Glad you are feeling better xx

PS, my daughter just shot me in the head with a paper aeroplane launcher gun.... Just you wait till I found out her gave that to her :)

Yarrow said...

Thank you my dears, I'm very grateful for the friends I've made and am making :)